At Topa Institute we work towards community building through programs in Holistic Education, Arts & Culture, and Land Cultivation & Sustainability. We envision a thriving, peaceful planet filled with community, creativity, connection, and care.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
We strongly encourage applicants from oppressed and marginalized backgrounds to apply — including queer people, trans and gender nonconforming people, people of color, and people with diverse immigrant backgrounds and statuses.
Term: 40hrs/week FTE
Annual salary range: $65,000 – $72,000
We are looking for an Operations Manager or Director of Operations (depending on experience). The position is responsible for designing, creating, and optimizing systems and tools to make the Topa Institute team work efficiently in support of the mission. This includes developing a platform and infrastructure for the organization, including policies, protocols, financial administration, facilities administration, database management, on-boarding, benefits administration, payroll, compliance, safety, and supporting programming needs. The Operations Manager or Director will oversee the Facilities Manager and Office Manager roles and will report directly to the CEO (or Board Chair in absence of the CEO). The Operations Manager or Director will have the opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the systems, policies and protocols within the organization.
- Oversees the onboarding process for board members, vendors and staff and oversees benefits and payroll administration
- Develops, implements and reviews operational policies and procedures
- Ensures safety and compliance policies and procedures are current, up to date, and fully implemented
- Oversees financial aspects of the organization, works with independent bookkeeper and accountant, creates financial reports
- Oversees the annual audit to ensure timely completion and compliance
- Evaluates and recommends financial policies and oversee their implementation
- Develops and maintains adequate financial controls
- Ensures timely submission of legally required reports and filings
- Preserves the official records of Topa Institute, including compliance with state and federal requirements (sales tax, solicitation filing, 990 reporting, etc.).
- Assists in preparing the annual operating budget, with support and input from the Treasurer
- Assists with meeting logistics, materials, and maintains records
- May support donor event coordination as needed
- Interfaces with IT/tech support as needed
- Assists in programming needs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in more than one operational area of a non-profit organization – systems & technology, finance, data, donor management & tracking, human resource policies & processes
- Easily navigates technology and openness to learning new technology
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration, problem solving, organizational skills, and communication skills
- Proven leadership experience and management skills
- Financial management skills, including budget preparation and management
- Experience providing HR-related services (e.g., hiring, onboarding, performance reviews)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, Word and Google Workspace
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.